266 Bronte Road,
Waverley, NSW, 2024
Welcome to Waverley Family Dental
Our philosophy at Waverley Family Dental is that of prevention and promoting healthy teeth. For you and your whole family!
We invite you to experience our personal and attentive approach, in a relaxing and modern dental setting.
Our team will strive to make your dental visit as comfortable and pleasant as possible. At the same time, we will be helping you achieve a beautiful and healthy smile.
We are open on Saturdays for your convenience. We offer gap free dental for children under 12 years old.
Dental implants are used to replace teeth when they are badly damaged, and have to be extracted. A metal fixture (usually a screw) is placed into the bone, and this acts as an anchor for a new false tooth or set of teeth. Over time, the implant or screw, fuses with the jaw bone and remains a strong support for the fake teeth (a process known as osseointegration). This can take 3-9 months. The dentist will then construct your new tooth as a crown or a bridge.
Traditionally, we would replace a missing tooth with either a bridge or a denture. Implants however, offer a vast array of advantages over these methods.
Advantages of Dental implants
- They are very natural looking
- Implants are very strong and long lasting
- They are permanent (not removable)
- There is no wear and tear on surrounding teeth
- Patients can eat hard food with confidence
- Patients experience an increase in self confidence
- There are no age restrictionsfor a dental implant (unlike alternative options)
Requirements for a successful dental implant
- Have a reasonable amount of dense bone tissue in your jaw
- Have healthy gums (no periodontal disease)
- Preferably a non smoker
If you would like to know if a dental implant is suitable for you, make an appointment today on 93693393 for a consultation.